The Elko New Market Community Development Department is comprised of three divisions:
1. Building Inspections
2. Planning & Zoning
3. Economic Development
The purpose of the Community Development Department is to:
· Protect the public health, safety, morals, comfort, convenience, and general welfare.
· Educate and inform the public on economic, building, planning, and zoning related issues.
· Promote, attract, and retain businesses.
· Encourage a diversified tax base (residential, commercial, and industrial growth).
· Promote safe and orderly development.
· Enforce governmental regulations.
· Assist in the development and implementation of strategic and long range plans.
· Conserve and enhance natural resources and aesthetically pleasing scenery.
For staff contact information, click here.