Planning & Zoning
1. Listening to the collective voice of the citizens through surveys, public hearings, and action taken by elected officials,
2. Assist in the visioning, creation, and implementation of the City’s comprehensive plan,
3. Updating ordinances to reflect the comprehensive plan,
4. Enforcing adopted ordinances and regulations, and
5. Creating achievement strategies to move the community closer to its aspirations
Furthermore, Planning and Zoning staff works together with members of the Planning Commission (community volunteers) and the City Council (elected officials) to:
· Protect the public health, safety, morals, comfort, convenience, and general welfare.
· Promote orderly growth and development that will contribute towards an efficient, attractive, stable, and wholesome community environment.
· Conserve and enhance natural resources and aesthetically pleasing scenery.